2 crisp and crunchy lettuces
cooked or preserved duck giblets (gesiers de canard) sliced
50g or 2oz of bread cut into small cubes
125g or 4oz of shelled, chopped walnuts
a splash of wine vinegar
1. Wash and break up the lettuce, put into a salad bowl in readiness.
2. Put some of the walnut oil into a frying pan and fry the giblets for 2-3 mins.
3. Add the bread cubes and fry till crunchy and golden.
4. Add the walnuts and turn up the heat for a few seconds.
5 Add a splash of wine vinegar and stir the mixture together.
6. Pour the hot mixture over the lettuce and serve.
Serves 4-6 people.