75g fat (type unspecified, but goose or duck fat is likely given the region)
some lardons (amount unspecified)
500g baby turnips
pinch of sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a casserole dish over a medium heat, brown the duck and the lardons in 10g of the fat. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside
2. Make a brown roux from the fat already in the pan, the flour, and half a litre of cold water.
3. Add the bouquet garni and let cook for 10 minutes.
4. Put the duck back into the pot and let cook for around 20 minutes before.
5. In a separate saucepan, brown the turnips in sufficient fat. When brown, add them to the duck.
6. Season the casserole dish with the sugar, plus salt and pepper to taste.
7. Finish the dish by allowing it to cook for around 45 more minutes.