75g melted butter, kept warm
75g grated chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease a ring mould.
2. In a large bowl, combine the grated chocolate and sugar. Sieve in the flour and stir in the melted butter.
3 Add the two egg yolks to the bowl and stir well.
4. In a separate clean and dry bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
5. Fold the egg whites into the batter, and pour the mix into the greased ring mould.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, and then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool.
Serve as it comes, or wait for it to cool completely and then frost with a buttercream icing. You can fill the centre with creme patissiere and fruit for a more decorative finish.